Ken Block Left Subaru

Ken Block switched team from team subaru sti to ford fiesta
Ken Block On Team Subaru STI

Ken Block is probably the most exciting driver in the rally world right now. Well, not just in rally racing. Because aside from that sport, he is also attached to some adrenaline-raising sports like skateboarding, snowboarding and motocross. As far as his performance in racing is concern it is probably his craft right now. He drives for Subaru, that was before. The entire rally community were shocked of a big change. Block left Subaru for Ford at the very start this year. Now, it is his team mate, Travis Pastrana, who is left with the responsibility to maintain the dominance of Subaru in the rally world.

2005 was the year when Ken Block made a name in World Rally Championship, under the company of Subaru. This happened after he had co-founded the famous DC Shoes. During this season, Ken had five top 5 finishes and end up third overall in the Group N class and fourth overall in the Rally America National Championship. Under the same company, he won the Rally America Rookie of the Year Award. in 2006, The Subaru Rally Team USA became popular because of him and Pastrana. He was also bestowed with 2006 Subaru WRX Sti. His best finish was 2nd Overall in 2006 and 2008. Everything seems so well for him for his mother company. That is why the fans are stunned, all in a hanging bi question mark. Why did Ken Block left Subaru?

The news came out January 6 of this year. Ken Block made a sudden transfer to Ford. Quoting the X-games Rally racing star said, “ The easiest thing for me to say is that I am really stoked to have this partnership with Ford. This is going to be one of the biggest challenges of my life and my career. With the World Rally Championship, I am stepping into the biggest rally championship in the world and I will be competing against some of the best drivers in the world. That level of racing isn’t something that you just step into and expect to instantly be on the podium. I would be in fantasyland if I thought that I was going to be anywhere near that. So, for me, 2010 is a developmental year and I am really looking to develop my skills as far as I can and then I can began pushing harder in 2011 and 2012. It is going to be an amazing experience, but I am also very realistic about where I stand in this world and what my goals are going to be for the next year to three years.”

Ken Block is preparing for the World Rally Championship, and he thought this would be the best way to get it.

Meanwhile, Subaru released a statement regarding this news saying this is a great leap for the rallying community. The competition will just get more exciting on the coming years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spine Center Helps Queens Car Accident Injury Patients Heal

Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame 2011 Inductees Include National Legends

Car and Driver Launches Luxury Vehicle Advisor